Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm going hunting!

So it's my birthday tomorrow. 29. Yee-haw. I must admit, I kind of wish it was just 30 already. Like how long can we drag this out? I know that some of you will say that I should embrace my youth, yadda yadda.. but I feel ready to move on from my 20s. Oh well....whatever. I WILL enjoy the last year in my 20s, because I enjoy life. Anyway, I digress.....

So for my birthday, I planned a Los Angeles Scavenger Hunt for my friends and family. It was a total success and worth every single minute of planning.

Here is how it went down:
We gathered at 4 pm. Mingled, ate, drank. Formed alliances and enemies. (Well everyone else did).
Each car was a team and there were 7 teams. After about an hour or so of anticipation. I gave them the rules. There were items to photograph as well as items to obtain. I also added some riddles that were worth more points. Each photo that was taken had to include a print out photo of me. LOL. And then they were off. They had 3 hours to get as much as possible and then figure out the last riddle that led them to the final destination - a bar on the east side - where I was there waiting. (p.s. while the teams were hunting, I treated myself to a mani/pedi). The end results were amazing!!!!

Below are some of my favorite photos from the teams. (I am still waiting to gather them all so that I can make an album). But honestly, there are so many good ones, I keep wavering on which are my favorites.

If you ever consider planning a hunt like this, I'd be glad to lend some tips/advice. AND, I highly recommend it. My party goers had such a good time, there are rumors of rematches! 

Like I said - Total success. 
love love,
Jen

Found: A homeless person.
Riddle Solved: Michael Jackson's Star
Riddle Solved: The Hollywood Sign.
Task accomplished: A sexy photo with a valet driver.
I really can't decide which one I love more.
Task accomplished: A team members feet in the footprints of R2D2.
Task accomplished: Pump a strangers gas.
Found: An out of state license plate.
My beautiful family played the game too! They impressed me!

3 comments:

  1. Women hit their prime in their 30s, so you're right to be excited to get there. The best is yet to come for you.

    --Eric B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year i want in on the mani/pedi! ~Plow

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had that idea, but i was too lazy to pull it off. maybe next year. happy belated bday. enjoy this last year of your 20s. close it out with a bang. when 30 hits, it just gets better.

    ReplyDelete