Sunday, October 3, 2010

I blew it....

....So, I promised to blog more and I didn't. I am going to try really hard this week to get some posts up. I've had a lot to say this week too, just need to take the time to commit it to html.

Not to make excuses, but I get so busy during the week - what with work, play, life. And the weekends? Impossible. It's crazy how I am quickly realizing how busy October is! October is the new August. It seems that every week/weekend, I have something booked. Not a bad thing - just a crazy thing. I am blessed to have so many things to do, but it does make it a little tougher to have a blogging relationship.

Just last week I had two big events at the Hollywood Bowl. I had Sonic Youth/Pavement on Thursday. Sonic Youth blew me away - as per usual. No two shows by that band are ever the same. The never disappoint and I love them.
And on Friday - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. What an amazing show. Now, I'm not gonna lie. It was a major cluster fuck to get to The Bowl on Friday night. I've never seen so many out-of-towners at The Bowl! And since it was a lease event, you couldn't pack a picnic - hence the ridiculously long lines to get a beer.  All that said, the show was still amazing. TP&THB's played everything you'd want to hear at a TP&THB's show and then some. The new album, "Mojo" is great too! They played a few tracks off that album.
I've seen Sonic Youth play a dozen times...and I knew it was going to be good. Tom Petty? I had never seen him or his Heartbreakers and I had such a good time. Dancing, singing along and enjoying his stoney banter. I think my favorite performance of the night was, "Don't come around here no more." What a great song to see live.


I am a lucky girl because I live in a city where I get to see Sonic Youth and Tom Petty one weekend and next weekend I get to see Arcade Fire. Blessed!

Anyway....I double promise to be better and you have my word that you will hear from me.
peace and love,
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment