Friday, October 22, 2010

San Francisco

I know its been a while.... busy doesn't even cover it all. My life is just crazy - in a nutshell, it is absolutely nuts. No rhyme or reason - just busy and nuts. But I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway...I want to share my mini vacation with you. I wanted to squeeze in a tiny get-away in between jobs. So, I took a road trip up to San Francisco. For about 2 days. Believe it or not, I have NEVER been to San Francisco. Crazy. I know. I have lived in California my entire life and have never been to this great city. Sometimes this fact about myself is embarrassing. But whatever - its not like I don't do any traveling, I just haven't made it to the Bay Area yet - until now.

I absolutely fell in love with San Francisco. It felt like the perfect balance between NYC and LA. Let me explain: All of the great things about NYC and LA come together in SF. In a nutshell - a metropolitan feel with the easiness of California. Obsessed.

I had so many great meals in SF too! Boy oh boy. That city has got the food scene down. All I wanted to do was eat! I seriously had one of the best meals of my entire life up there. It was this cute restaurant called Starbelly in the Castro district. Quality, quality, quality. And not expensive at all - well at least by NYC/LA standards. I had the spaghetti. It was amazing. AMAZING. Warm spicy olives, mushroom soup with duck stock and rice pudding like you've never had before. Oy.....I want that meal again, RIGHT NOW!

It was overall just a great time - short but sweet. And now that I know how easy it is to head up to the Bay, I will definitely be heading back sooner than later.

What a gem that city is!!!!!!!!!

Photos to come.....(I have not had time to download them off my camera yet. Hehe.)

Love you!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment